Saturday 30 July 2011

Chinese Steam Cake~ ("gai dan gou")

Chinese Steam Cake!!! This is a traditional Chinese cake~

From my own personal experience, it's really tough to make this cake... unlike the previous chocolate moist cake that I have made! It was way easier~ huhu...I have tried to make this cake for about 4 times! 

Trying all sorts of different recipes...steaming the cake for a longer time...adding more baking powder..
...bla bla bla...

AND! Finally! I have managed to make a successfully one~ yeahhhhhhh!!! =)

It tastes great! My parents, grandparents and little cousins all love it~ =)

Especially, my little cousin sister..she said she can eat the whole cake all alone! hahaha... cute girl~

It was really GREAT when you realize that someone appreciates your effort and hard work~

I am most happy when seeing my family members eating my own made cake~ tee heee...=)

So, here is the recipe~

Do enjoy making this traditional cake~ =)

These are the ingredients:
A) 6 eggs
B) 200gram of Castor sugar
C) 170gram of flour
D) 1/2 tsp of baking powder


Method:
1) Beat the eggs and Castor sugar for about 15 minutes.

Mixture of eggs and Castor sugar

Beat the mixture with an electric mixer or a whisk

After stirring the mixture for quite some time, it will sort of raise

The mixture has raised
 2) Then, put the flour into the mixture of eggs and Castor sugar.


3) Stir the mixture for another 10 minutes until the flour and mixture are all well-mixed.


  


4) Meanwhile, heat up the steamer and baking pan so that the cake will be able to raise better.





*Put a greasy paper on the baking pan. But since I do not have any greasy paper, I used an aluminum foil... and it works well too! =) *

5) After that, pour the batter into the baking pan and cover it with another aluminum foil so that the moisture will not drop onto the cake when being steamed.

Make sure there is space for the cake to raise...so, do not cover too tightly


6) Steam the cake with high heat for about 20-25 minutes.

That's it!!! The cake is done! =)


It's really kinda easy to make this cake right?

So, happy trying!!! =)

No comments: