Twist of luck biscuits are one of my favourite biscuits!!!
So, I thought... maybe I should try making them myself since I got the recipe! hahaha...
This is the first time I'm making it...and it really tastes good! =)
The texture is not that hard like the ones I bought outside, the texture is softer and it's more like cookies.
Hence, here is the recipe! Do try making it! =)
A: 250g plain flour, 75g icing sugar, pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
B: 75g vegetable shortening, 1 egg, 1 tbsp of water, just enough oil for deep-frying.
Garnishing: some icing sugar.
1. Put all ingredients A into a mixing bowl, stir to mix well.
2. Add in vegetable shortening and rub lightly with fingers to combine together, by then mix in egg and water, knead lightly until forms dough, leave aside to rest for 20-25 minutes.
3. Place the dough on the table and roll it flat, cut into any desired length to form strips, bring both ends of one strip together and twist into a rope. Repeat this step until finished up all dough.
4. Deep-fry the twisted ropes in hot oil, medium heat until turns golden brown.
5. Remove and place on a piece of absorbent paper to cool down, sprinkle icing sugar on top to garnish.
6. Lastly, store them in air-tight container, DONE! =)
Here are my Twist of Luck Biscuits!
*It's really hard to roll them and fry them... as they break easily! So, becareful when you are rolling and frying them*
Hopefully I'll be lucky this whole year after making this biscuits! hahahahahaa... =P
So, happy trying! May u all be lucky too~~~ haha... =)
My grandparents love to eat laughing golden sesame balls~
They have never failed to buy them whenever they are in Petaling Street!
So...I thought...why not try to make them?!
Hence, I did it today!
Thus, this is the FIRST attempt! And... It is a SUCCESS!!! =)
My family members love it! They say it is as good as the one sold in Petaling Street... LOL! XD
Not bad for a first time attempt eh??? =P
So, I would like to share the recipe with you guys!
Do give it a try! It's quite simple actually~ =)
A: 300g plain flour, 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 2-3 tablespoons of water.
B: 2 eggs, 120 caster sugar, 2 tablespoons of vegetable shortening.
Coating: some sesame seeds, 1 bowl of water.
1. Mix ingredients B lightly until well combined.
2. Then, gradually add in ingredients A, stir until become a dough.
3. Dish out and knead until smooth dough is formed.
4. Divide the dough into small portions, form it into balls.
5. Then, dip with some water and coat well with sesame seeds immediately.
6. Deep fry in hot oil at medium heat until golden brown and slightly cracked * the crack is like a smile, that is why it is called LAUGHING golden sesame balls! =) *
That's all! It's so simple right? =)
This is the end product~teee heee~~~
My laughing golden sesame balls~ they are not really round though~ hahaha...
Regardless of their kinda ugly appearance, they do taste good... hahaha..
Do give it a try guys!!!
Happy trying! =)