Saturday 24 September 2011

"Gai Dan Gou" recipe! (An improved one!)

Previously, I have shared my "gai dan gou" recipe in my blog!
However, after baking this cake for quite a number of times, I have bettered my skills in baking this cake! hehehe... I have sort of altered the recipe a little bit... =)
So, here is the improved "gai dan gou" recipe!
Do give it a try! As the cake turned out to be fluffier and taste better~ =)


Ingredients:

6 large eggs
200g castor sugar
200g plain flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder


Method:
1) Beat the eggs and castor sugar with an electric mixer or a whisk for about 20 minutes.
* The batter will be kinda thick and creamy*
2) Then, add flour and baking powder into the batter and mix well.
3) Lastly, pour the batter into a baking pan and steam at high heat for about 25 minutes.

* To view the pictures of each step, refer to HERE, my previous post on this recipe! =) *

TAKE NOTE : Just lay an aluminum  foil loosely above the cake, to ensure that there is enough space for the cake to raise.... This is really a very important point to remember! Or else, the cake will turn out not well... sometimes, the middle part is not cooked yet as there is no space for it to raise in the middle. So, just cover the cake loosely with an aluminum foil, just enough to prevent the water vapor from falling onto the cake.

Happy trying guys!!! =)



No comments: