Tuesday 16 August 2011

"Sugi" biscuits recipe!!!

This the first time I bake biscuits!!! =)
I have always loved eating "Sugi" biscuits~ So, I thought... why not try baking them??? hehehe...
I looked through the internet and found the recipe...
And to my amazement, there are tons of different recipes for this biscuits! >.<
Being a beginner, I just choose the simplest one and made some changes to it!!! haha...
Luckily... the biscuits came out quite well~ Not too bad for a first timer~ teee heee~~~
*I took 3 hours to complete everything! Phewwww~~~*
So, here the recipe which I have made changes to! hahaha... =)
Do give it a try!

Ingredients:
1) 500g flour
2) 250g ghee ("minyak sapi ghee")
3) 250g Castor sugar
4) 50g icing sugar

~This is the Ghee brand that I bought~ <Windmill>

This is how the Ghee looks like~
Method:
1) Fry the flour with low heat.
*this is kinda weird right? LOL...this is also the first time I heard of frying flour*

~Frying the flour~
 2) Beat the ghee and Castor sugar for about 5 minutes.


3) After the flour cool down, mix the flour into the mixture of ghee and Castor sugar.


4) Mix the mixture with your hands until well mixed.



5) Then, form the mold into balls.
*These are the two designs which I have tried~ hahaha...~ *

25 in a tray

56 in a tray
*I was able to make 3 trays of them~ Altogether about 150 small balls. =) *

6) Preheat the oven at 170 Degree Celsius for few minutes.

7) Then, put the biscuits into the oven and heat it for 10-12 minutes.

*That's all~ Just wait for your biscuits to be ready! =)*

Then mix them with icing sugar~ =)

*You can put more icing sugar on the biscuits if you want to, I didn't put much here as my parents prefer less sugar~*


This is the experimented design~ Not bad too! =)
*I think the design is really up to you! So, just feel free to try any design~ =)*

This is it! I have put them into a plastic container~ =)
P/S: I will try another recipe of this biscuits next time! =) Practice makes perfect! hehe... Do give it a try! Have fun trying~ ^-^

No comments: