They have never failed to buy them whenever they are in Petaling Street!
So...I thought...why not try to make them?!
Hence, I did it today!
Thus, this is the FIRST attempt! And... It is a SUCCESS!!! =)
My family members love it! They say it is as good as the one sold in Petaling Street... LOL! XD
Not bad for a first time attempt eh??? =P
So, I would like to share the recipe with you guys!
Do give it a try! It's quite simple actually~ =)
A: 300g plain flour, 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 2-3 tablespoons of water.
B: 2 eggs, 120 caster sugar, 2 tablespoons of vegetable shortening.
Coating: some sesame seeds, 1 bowl of water.
1. Mix ingredients B lightly until well combined.
2. Then, gradually add in ingredients A, stir until become a dough.
3. Dish out and knead until smooth dough is formed.
4. Divide the dough into small portions, form it into balls.
5. Then, dip with some water and coat well with sesame seeds immediately.
6. Deep fry in hot oil at medium heat until golden brown and slightly cracked * the crack is like a smile, that is why it is called LAUGHING golden sesame balls! =) *
That's all! It's so simple right? =)
This is the end product~teee heee~~~
|My laughing golden sesame balls~ they are not really round though~ hahaha...|
Do give it a try guys!!!
Happy trying! =)