So, I thought... maybe I should try making them myself since I got the recipe! hahaha...
This is the first time I'm making it...and it really tastes good! =)
The texture is not that hard like the ones I bought outside, the texture is softer and it's more like cookies.
Hence, here is the recipe! Do try making it! =)
IngredientsA: 250g plain flour, 75g icing sugar, pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
B: 75g vegetable shortening, 1 egg, 1 tbsp of water, just enough oil for deep-frying.
Garnishing: some icing sugar.
Method1. Put all ingredients A into a mixing bowl, stir to mix well.
2. Add in vegetable shortening and rub lightly with fingers to combine together, by then mix in egg and water, knead lightly until forms dough, leave aside to rest for 20-25 minutes.
3. Place the dough on the table and roll it flat, cut into any desired length to form strips, bring both ends of one strip together and twist into a rope. Repeat this step until finished up all dough.
4. Deep-fry the twisted ropes in hot oil, medium heat until turns golden brown.
5. Remove and place on a piece of absorbent paper to cool down, sprinkle icing sugar on top to garnish.
6. Lastly, store them in air-tight container, DONE! =)
Here are my Twist of Luck Biscuits!
*It's really hard to roll them and fry them... as they break easily! So, becareful when you are rolling and frying them*
Hopefully I'll be lucky this whole year after making this biscuits! hahahahahaa... =P
So, happy trying! May u all be lucky too~~~ haha... =)